Remember the surprise we mentioned a little while back? Well, here’s the big news: we have a new reviewer onboard A Page of Heaven! Bernice will be reviewing some books here and this also marks the point where we’ll start reviewing adult and New Adult (NA) novels in addition to our main scope of YA books. So, you might be wondering why Bernice? Well, on our way home from school one day, Bernice and I (Adelena) were discussing books and reviewing in general. Earlier on, she had—jokingly—mentioned to me that JZ and I read a lot of ‘dark’ (dystopian, fantasy, paranormal, etc.) books and that we should read more ‘bright’ books, AKA, happy contemporaries.
It hit me that she had a pretty good point and after bringing it up to JZ, we all thought it would be a great idea to have Bern onboard in order to provide all you amazing readers a wider selection of reviews! And more fandoms to fangirl/fanboy over too, of course. Anyway, I should probably stop typing, and get on to the little interview of sorts with Bernice, incase you guys are curious about her tastes in books and…random info in general? That sounded kind of creepy. Oh well.
20 Facts About Bernice:
1. I’m a 17-year-old girl.
2. I like to read (obvious much).
3. I do ballet & play volleyball too!
4. I love baby Eeyore and there are so many of them on my bed I don’t even know where to sleep anymore.
5. Someday I hope to travel the world and go to (especially) Paris, London, New York and John Stone Straits.
6. I love cliché happy endings and romance novels/movies/etc.
7. I have a weird, inexplicable attraction towards the history of China.
8. I am deathly afraid of the dark.
9. I stand up very firmly for what i believe in even if it’s a little too forward-looking.
10. Little bit nasty, mostly nice. HAHA.
11. My all-time favourite shop is Forever 21.
12. I met Adelena & JZ through school and they are fabulous. *hair flick*
13. I may seem bimbotic but I’m not, really.
14. I have a fear of cats (except 1). (Adelena: That cat being my darling Pumpkin.)
15. I hope to master the art of horse riding one day.
16. I’ve recently been very into poems.
17. The BBC Sherlock Series is really good.
18. I can bore you with my endless chatter.
19. I guess my (unrealistic) ambition would be to participate in orca conservation and to protest against orca captivity.
20. >>> “You must be the change you wish to see in the world” <<<
Definitely Nicholas Sparks!!! (I love most of his books even though some might argue that they’re too predictable with similar plots)
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
Alphas series by Lisi Harrison
The Hollow trilogy by Jessica Verday
The Last Empress
The Princess Diaries 1 & 2
The Prince & Me 1
Letters to Juliet
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Step Up Series
Japanese Cuisine (mainly salmon & unagi)
Noodles (instant noodles, ramen, etc)
Love linguine/fettucine with cream sauce
Berries! (All kinds, any kind)
Now that you know a little about Bernice, hope you’ll look forward to her reviews and the abundance of happy, pink, book reviews coming your way. Happy Thursday!