This might be a little known fact but I actually love mermaid books. Problem is, I had a hard time finding good ones. At least, until Of Poseidon came along. I’ve read (and reviewed) it more than a year ago, have just finished Of Triton last night – seriously – and can’t believe The Syrena Legacy is ending already. But lets not wallow in sadness because today, Anna Banks have provided me a list of 10 fun facts about Toraf (swoon, I’ve also added my comments on the list in italics) and there’s also a giveaway at the end of this. Enjoy! ;)
by Anna Banks
Series: The Syrena Legacy #3
Publication date: 13 May 2014
by Feiwel & Friends
Emma and Galen’s kingdom and their love is threatened by long-lost Syrena in the brilliant conclusion to Anna Banks bestselling trilogy.
Emma, half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.
Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn’t sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean and the land-dwelling, freshwater Syrena. They didn’t bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn’t expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love but their ocean kingdoms.
In this stunning conclusion to her bestselling Syrena Legacy, Anna Banks thrills fans with more action and romance than ever.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Toraf:
1) He sleeps naked when on land because human pajamas “make me itchy”. (Now don’t we all suddenly wish for a midnight emergency as an excuse to barge into Toraf’s room… Wink, wink.)
2) He doesn’t like getting his nails painted, although he would never admit as much to Rayna.
3) His sensing abilities sometimes overwhelm him. Coming ashore helps give him a feeling of solitude.
4) He might actually have been Reed’s best friend, if he hadn’t met Galen first.
5) He’s pretty sure his “eel” is bigger than Galen’s. (Syrena or human, boys will still be boys it seems.)
6) He thinks Emma kisses like a manatee. (Ouch, let me go find a band-aid for Emma.)
7) He’s secretly hurt that Galen and Rayna thought he would betray them. (Now don’t we all want to give him a big hug?)
8) He once beat someone senseless with a squid tentacle—and that is not a metaphor.
9) He likes to watch cartoons rather than TV with human actors. (This came as a surprise.)
10) His favorite human food is…wait for it…S’mores. (It’s the only thing Rayna knows how to cook).
More About the Author:
NYT Bestselling YA author of The Syrena Legacy series: OF POSEIDON (2012) OF TRITON (2013) OF NEPTUNE (2014). Repped by rockstar Lucy Carson of the Friedrich Agency. I live with my husband and daughter in the Florida Panhandle. I have a southern accent compared to New Yorkers, and I enjoy food cooked with real fat. I can’t walk in high heels, but I’m very good at holding still in them. If you put chocolate in front of me, you must not have wanted it in the first place. (Taken from author’s website)
- Learn more about Of Poseidon.
- Learn more about Of Triton.
- Learn more about Girls Day Out.
- Join in on social media with #OfNeptune.
- See Anna Banks on the Spring 2014 Fierce Reads tour!
- Visit Anna’s website, like her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter.
Prize: 1 COMPLETE set of The Syrena Legacy (Of Poseidon, Of Triton & Of Neptune) by Anna Banks.
- Giveaway will run for 4 weeks & ends 08 June 2014 at 12:00 AM, SST (or UTC+08:00).
- Entrants below the age of 18 must have parental consent.
- Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
- I, and any other bloggers on A Page of Heaven, will not be held responsible for lost mail.
- By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to me and the publisher/author of this book who is sponsoring the giveaway. This information would not be shared nor sold and would only be used for the purpose of contacting the winner and mailing the prize.
- VOID where prohibited by law.
- US/Canada only. (Sorry! This giveaway is sponsored by the publisher/author and not me.)
Without further ado, click here for the giveaway!
Of Neptune Blog Tour Schedule
Sunday, May 4
Into the Hall of Books
Monday, May 5
Tuesday, May 6
Wednesday, May 7
Thursday, May 8
My Guilty Obsession
Friday, May 9
Saturday, May 10
Two Chicks on Books
Sunday, May 11
A Page of Heaven
Monday, May 12
Tuesday, May 13
That’s it for my stop of the Of Neptune blog tour! Be sure to stop by the other tour stops and also, I simply cannot wait to get my hands on Of Neptune and find out how the trilogy ends (though I’m really sad it’s ending too). For those entering the giveaway, may the odds be ever in your favor. ;)