Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga’s Reviews where all the books we’ve got recently would be featured – both physical and digital.
My haul this week includes…
- In the Hand of the Goddess (Song of the Lioness #2) by Tamora Pierce
- The Giver (The Giver Quartet #1) by Lois Lowry
- Messenger (The Giver Quartet #3) by Lois Lowry
- Searching for Sky by Jillian Cantor
- Better than Perfect (Wild Cards #1) by Simone Elkeles (AKA Wild Cards in the hardcover format)
- Take Back the Skies (Take Back the Skies #1) by Lucy Saxon
- End Times (Untitled series #1) by Anna Schumacher
- Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3) by Stephanie Perkins
- The Secret Sky: A Novel of Forbidden Love in Afghanistan by Atia Abawi
- Atlantia by Ally Condie
- Zodiac (Untitled series #1) by Romina Russell
- Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms #3) by Morgan Rhodes
- Race the Wind (The One Dollar Horse #2) by Lauren St. John
- Lola and the Boy Next Door (Anna and the French Kiss #2) by Stephanie Perkins
- The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil #1) by Soman Chainani
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #1) by Michelle Hodkin
- The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms #2) by Cinda Williams Chima
- How to Love by Katie Cotugno
So this week’s haul is huge. And AWESOME. Because after 1.5 years of blogging, I’ve finally attained my very first physical ARCs. I know getting ARCs should not be one’s main reason for blogging but as I’m an honest person—I would totally pick Candor if Dauntless didn’t exist (Divergent reference)—I will admit when I had just been starting out as a book blogger, getting ARCs was pretty high up on my priorities list. However, the last 1.5 years have obviously taught me the joys of blogging and reviewing that does not include getting ARCs.
It’s still a nice feeling though. Thanks Carynn Tey from Penguin Books Singapore for providing me the books for review! There were a few other novels sent for review too but I might be splitting them with Bernice and JZ so I decided not to include them in this week’s STS.
With such a large haul, I won’t be explaining why I’m excited for every single one of the titles but incase you guys think I didn’t realize, yes, I know I purchased the first and third book of The Giver Quartet but not the second. It was something I realized just after paying for them and unfortunately, refunds were not allowed. Oh well. As for The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, I first read it 3 years ago and loved it but seeing as how the last book is—finally—coming this November, I’m going to reread it and finally get to The Evolution of Mara Dyer too!
What books have you been stacking your shelves with this week?