Stacking the Shelves is hosted at Tynga’s Reviews where all the books we got recently would be featured – both physical and digital.
My haul this week includes…
- Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) by Melina Marchetta
- The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1) by Alexandra Bracken
- Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms #1) by Morgan Rhodes
- In the Shadows by Kiersten White & Jim Di Bartolo
- Graceling (Graceling Realm #1) by Kristin Cashore
- Erased (Altered #2) by Jennifer Rush
- The Iron Traitor (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #2) by Julie Kagawa
- Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee
This week, I’ve got an influx of fantasy novels that mostly aren’t very new. First, Finnikin of the Rock was a book I’ve heard a ton of people fangirling about, especially The Duchesses (Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews, Tory @ Quiet Stories, Paola @ A Novel Idea & Charlene @ Bookish Whimsy). So I thought, since I’m already such a humongous fan of high fantasy novels, I should try this one out too.
The same goes for Graceling, which quite a few of my friends back in secondary school had aggressively recommended me last year. I’ve since lost contact with some of them but I’m pretty sure they’ll be glad I finally gave in to their recommendation! As for The Darkest Minds, this is the second time I’m borrowing it because I didn’t have enough time to get to it the first time round. Really hope I’ll be able to read my library books faster and actually finish them all.
I will admit I’ve been borrowing way too many library books in the past few weeks and lets be realistic, I probably wouldn’t be able to read quite a few of them before the due date. But a girl can hope…
That’s it for me! What books have you been stacking your shelves with this week?