Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga’s Reviews where all the books we got recently would be featured – no matter physical or digital; bought, borrowed, won or gifted.
These past weeks have been pretty hectic for me. I just finished taking my ‘O’ Level examinations, prepped for prom and went to Red Camp (an amazing camp hosted by a local polytechnic here in Singapore) and started working part time. All these somehow led to me getting a pretty severe case of Reader’s Block. I’ve put 2 books on hold these past 2 weeks and one of them was actually Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Obviously, I’m feeling extremely annoyed with myself but my brain illogically thought the best way to combat Reader’s Block was to borrow even more books from my local library.
Hence, now I have a whole bunch of books to read when I’m already behind my reading schedule and am a ridiculously slow reader. However, I have to admit seeing all those pretty books is quite motivating; I feel more excited to read instead of sitting around fiddling with my phone, checking social networks or watching movies. So, here’s my huge book haul from two trips to the library yesterday!
- Mila 2.0 (MILA 2.0 #1) by Debra Driza
- Born of Illusion (Born of Illusion #1) by Terri Brown
- Touch (Denazen #1) by Jus Accardo
- The Nightmare Affair (The Arkwell Academy #1) by Mindee Arnett
- Ink (Paper Gods #1) by Amanda Sun
- The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa
- Opal (Lux #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
- The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1) by Julie Kagawa
- The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray
A majority of these books consist of those I’ve been wanting to read for quite some time but just somehow, for one reason or another, have yet to read. Hopefully, I can finish them all before their due date and get over my Reader’s Block in the process!
What books have you been stacking you shelves with this week?